- Mild Soap & Water Mixture or Alcohol - to clean the surface.
- Lint Free Paper Towel or Cloth – to dry the surface.
- Low-Tack Masking Tape – to tack in place or create a hinge.
- Squeegee or Credit Card – for applying vinyl
- Air Release Tool – to remove any trapped air bubbles that may form.
- Hobby Knife (OFLA or XACTO knife) – for trimming away excess vinyl.
- Heat Gun – for heating vinyl on complicated installations.
BEFORE GRAPHIC INSTALLATION:
- The first step in any successful application is cleaning your project before Installation.
- For a vehicle wrap, the day before application, the vehicle should be taken to a car wash that uses brushes. Manual cleaning is not recommended.
- After the vehicle is washed, thoroughly inspect the surface and edges for any remaining wax, polish, grease or grime.
- Any such substance must be removed using industrial cleaners or silicone detergents (Isopropyl Alcohol will not do the trick). CAUTION: Before Using any Solvent on a vehicle, be sure to test in an inconspicuous area to ensure the solvent won’t damage the vehicle’s paint.
- A final cleaning should be done with Isopropyl Alcohol to clean away any impurities that could hinder the adhesive.
- The next step is to remove any parts that may hamper the application such as Trims & Logos. Check and clean the covered surfaces as described above.
- It is very important to allow the vehicle to dry completely. It can take up to 24 hours for a vehicle to dry fully, especially in humid or cold conditions, which may mean allowing the vehicle to dry indoors overnight before applying.
RECOMMENDED INSTALLATION CONDITIONS:Whenever possible, try to apply graphics indoors in a controlled environment, such as a covered car bay or garage. Doing so will not only help you control the temperature (ideally between 70°F and 80°F), but also reduce the amount of wind, dust and other contaminates that may hinder the install process. Make sure your bay or garage is as clean as possible from dust or debris that may happen to circulate during your install (mop floor and dust with a damp cloth) before bringing in the surface for the vinyl application.
If you must do your install outside, grab a friend and choose a non-windy day that is between 60°F and 90°F, with a surface temperature over 45°F (use water to cool surface) to ensure the adhesive bond forms correctly.
HOW TO INSTALL YOUR TORN METAL GRAPHIC:
- Carefully remove the Emblems and other Items that may hinder the installation.
- Use an Industrial Solvent to remove left over Adhesive & Re-clean the Area with Alcohol.
- Use Lint-Free Towels to dry surface and remove any excess liquid or dirt around edges.
- Make sure all stickers are removed from the installation area.
- Once the Area is Clean and Dry, you can apply the Torn Metal Graphic Vinyl.
- When Installing a Full Piece of Torn Metal Graphic Vinyl, it is always best to have an extra set of hands to help with the Installation.
- Hold Vinyl up to are of the vehicle you wish to apply it to make sure it will fit properly with excess material at the edges.
- Position and Secure Torn Metal Graphic Vinyl with small pieces of Masking Tape.
- Once in place use masking tape as a hinge in the center of the Torn Metal Graphic Vinyl Vertically.
- Gently fold one-half of the material and remove the back liner paper and use the supplied squeegee to apply the exposed Torn Metal Graphic Vinyl. Apply by using soft vertical strokes, evenly up and down, working from the center outwards. Once the first half is applied, repeat steps for the remaining half of the Torn Metal Graphic Vinyl. DO NOT STRETCH THE COLD MATERIAL. THIS WILL CAUSE THE PRODUCT TO CURL AND LIFT FROM THE VEHICLE AFTER IT IS INSTALLED.
- Once Torn Metal Graphic Vinyl is completely installed, trim to fit around the edges and Handle using a sharp XACTO Knife or Razor Blade to complete your installation. WARNING: USE EXTREME CAUTION WHEN TRIMMING TO AVOID INJURY AND TO AVOID DAMAGE TO THE VEHICLE'S PAINTED SURFACE UNDERNEATH.
- Discard excess Material.
CARE TIPS:Use soap and water to clean graphics. Do Not use a pressure washer on graphics as this can cause them to rip and peel away. Do Not use petroleum based cleaners or spill gas on graphics as this can cause them to fade or change color completely. Do Not wax the graphics; it will only cause damage to them.HOW TO REMOVE:Heat the Torn Metal Graphic with Heat Gun or Hair Dryer for several seconds and continue to heat as you peel the material from the surface on a 120° angle. Any residue can be removed with a Citrus Based remover or Alcohol.
Camowraps is committed to providing quality products that are sure to surpass expectations. However, if you are unsatisfied with your purchase, you can exchange or return your undamaged, uninstalled graphic within 90 days of delivery. After 30 days of delivery, products will be subject to a restocking fee.
To obtain your refund/exchange, please contact our customer service department at 1-866-226-6626. Return items should be in their original packaging, include all packing materials and receipt.
Defected or Damaged Product Returns:
If you received an item containing defects, please contact customer service at 1-866-226-6626.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.